This recipe makes one layer of this absolutely delicious Microwave Keto Birthday Cake. It’s suggested to make 2 layers and use low carb icing!
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 2 ½ tablespoons almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon low carb sweetener (we use Splenda as it doesn’t elevate my sugar like some others do)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix together almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in small round microwavable cup. We use a 2 cup Pyrex storage container. You can also use coconut oil that’s always in a melted state (just don’t microwave it).
- Crack open an egg into the coconut oil.
- Beat the egg and coconut oil with a fork.
- Mix in the almond milk, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- Beat dry ingredients into liquid mixture with fork until well combined.
- Microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes or until the cake is no longer wet. It takes about 1 min 45 seconds in our 1000 watt microwave.
- Remove cake layer from dish. Carefully; it’s probably really hot.
- Place on cooling rack and allow to cool before applying a low carb icing
- Repeat steps 1 – 10 for a second layer (if desired).
- Once cooled completely add low carb icing.
For 2 layers of cake (minus the low carb icing) you’re looking at about 8g net carbs, 22g fat, and 270 calories.
I only tweaked the recipe a bit. So… huge props to Lisa at Low Carb Yum for this super yummy recipe! Visit LowCarbYum.com for even more great recipes!